I’m a user experience designer focused on product design and prototyping. During my 14 year career, I’ve been deeply involved in the software development process. I’ve worked in house at technology companies, co-founded two digital design agencies, and consulted for some of the world’s largest companies.
- Product Strategy & Design
- Design Team Management
- Design System Management
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Design Research
- UX: Sketch, Figma, Axure, Framer.js, InVision
- Collaboration: Slack, GitHub, JIRA
- Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Premiere, XD, InDesign
- UX Consultant
- 2005 – Current
- Freelance user experience consulting for design agencies, technology companies and startups. I’ve done extensive work for my own clients and contract work for agencies including Razorfish, Critical Mass, and BBDO.
- Director of Product Design
- DEC 2016 – JAN 2019
- Leader of product design at a design and development agency serving enterprise clients. Built out large scale design systems for e-commerce, CRM, training, and analytics products.
- Director of Design
- JAN 2014 – DEC 2015
- Design executive at a mobile security startup. I renamed the company (formerly viaForensics), hired a design team, led a rebranding effort, helped with the series A funding pitch ($12.5M), managed the product design of a large suite of desktop and mobile products, managed a multi-platform design system, and briefly lead the marketing team while the VP of Marketing position sat vacant.
- Co-Founder, Director of User Experience
- JUL 2012 – APR 2014
- Co-founded a digital agency. Our team of designers and developers specialized in branding, experience design, and web development.
- UX Architect
- MAR 2011 – JUN 2012
- Interaction design and research at a full service design and development agency. I had the reputation as the go to designer for the most complex projects. I greatly expanded my design research ability by working alongside research specialists.
- Co-founder, Director of UX
- APR 2009 – MAR 2011
- Co-founded an interactive design agency that specialized in branding and web design. Learned the fundamentals of running a business (sales, proposal writing, project management, finance, marketing, etc.)
- DEC 2007 – APR 2009
- Interaction design and art direction for clients including Nintendo, Target, The Metropolitan Opera, Microsoft, Wizards of the Coast, and Avanade.
- AUG 2006 – SEP 2007
- Design lead on an agile team working on a web based game design application that was funded by the MacArthur Foundation as part of their Digital Media and Learning Initiative.
- Design Intern
- JAN 2006 – JUN 2006
- Responsible for all the day to day graphics on the AOL Music Channel. Worked with a small, collaborative team creating a prototype for a redesign of the AOL platform.
Bachelor of Arts in Design
- Western Washington University
- Bellingham, Washington
- 2000 – 2005